Venture North secured DMO funding from HIE in April 2021 to develop a Tourism Destination Recovery Strategy and plan for delivery across the region over the next 3 years and beyond. This enabled the recruitment of 3 new posts, a Destination Strategy Manager, a Tourism Project Coordinator who will focus on delivering a three-year destination tourism recovery plan with an Operations and Marketing Coordinator to support the organisation’s general business and marketing activities. Through extensive consultation with their partners, businesses and communities, the Strategy sets out seven strategic aims over 2021-2024:
- Building the capacity across the tourism sector in the region
- Ensuring a strong regional and sector representative voice
- Raising the region’s profile as a high-quality year-round tourism destination
- Better managing the visitor and community experience across the region
- Positioning tourism as a career of choice and helping to address staff shortages
- Establishing a tourism baseline for the region and measuring and reporting on progress
- Building the engagement of Venture North across the region
To support the delivery of these key aims we are now in the position to offer a 12 month Graduate placement as Business Support and Skills Development Co-ordinator and Tourism Co-ordinator for Sustainable Green Recovery and Net Zero Projects.
Find out more:
These placements can be based anywhere across the Caithness and Sutherland region as they will be mainly home working.